3.7

I was the second customer in line to pay for my items when I noticed that the line behind me had grown to 15 customers needing to pay for items they wanted to purchase. I asked the cashier if she could open another cashier line and her comment was that she could not do it.

No further explanation. Having one cashier for an entire store is really unexceptable. This happened on November 8, 2018 at about 4:30 in the afternoon. It wasn't even dinner time yet.

I happen to notice that they had one other employee who was gleefully greeting people as they entered the store, however, I feel this individual should be cross trained to be able to help out as a cashier when there are high flow times. Certainly checking people out takes higher priority than greeting customers at the door and I feel like you would have less complaints.

This is not the first time I've seen this in a Ross Store. Your prices may be great but you have a lot to learn from TJ Maxx who has many cashiers and the wait to check out is sincerely much better.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ross Dress For Less Checkout Facility.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Affordable prices.

I didn't like: Cashier, Customer service.

Comments

Most companies nowadays are closely controlled by corporate, who make most of the decisions. Corporate would have to authorize this. The store level most likely cannot do this without corporate's authorization.

If the person that was greeting people at the door was wearing all black with Large yellow letters on their vest they are absolutely not allowed to ring up customer. The act is followed by immediate termination.

And also, welcome to Ross where corporate never sends a large amount of payroll to have many people on staff at a particular time of the day. Any who knows, maybe someone called out.