8258 Agora Pkwy, Selma, TX 78154, USA
Resolved

My 4 year old daughter who has a heart defect likes to sit in the cart instead of being carried when she gets tired. She gets tired quickly.

I quickly went to search for pants and found 4 pairs that I wanted to try on and a random dress that was on the end of the aisle. I went to the dressing room and the lady who counts your clothes was clearly not in a good mood. We had a small discussion on bringing the cart into the dressing room and she agreed that I could but under protest. All she said in a very snarky voice was “Well that’s not the normal.” The cart was clearly completely empty other than my 4 year old sitting in it.

I tried on the pants and didn’t like any of them but actually liked the dress and was wanting to purchase it. I left the hanger for the dress accidentally and the same dressing room attendant asked me to go retrieve it. So I did, and when I came back she was standing there talking to a group of people with her back facing me. I stood there waiting for her to finish and couldn’t help but overhear her conversation.

She was very rudely bad mouthing me to a random group of people waiting in line to try on clothes. She was saying that I just didn’t want to take my child out of the cart and insinuating that I was a bad lazy parent who’s child was playing on a tablet and couldn’t be disturbed. I was SO MAD. All the people she was talking to were staring at me with their mouths open in disbelief.

I said to the lady “Excuse me, but I think it’s very unprofessional of you to talk badly about me. My child has VSD and she should be able to sit in this cart if she wants to!” She immediately replied very snakily that she had just gotten in trouble for breaking store policy and that I just needed to follow the rules. Never ONCE did she tell me it was store policy before I pushed in the cart. She just treated me like I was trying to steal something!

I had no idea. Besides, how would they have treated me if I had pushed her in a wheelchair?? Would that have been any different? Some disabilities you can’t see.

I’m sorry if Ross in Selma, TX has a bad theft problem. But they should treat their customers better and have better inclusion and anti discrimination training for their employees.

Review about: Ross Dress For Less Customer Care.

Comments

did you tell the fitting room associate that your daughter had a heart condition? Because the policy does state no shopping carts are allowed in the fitting room, but if you give a reason such as yours it should have been no problem.

#1520151

OP:All you had to do is to be patient, and wait for Corporate to contact you, which they did.

to Anonymous #1521078

All you have to do is troll...which you do.

to Anonymous #1521081

Go away troll.

#1519438

Let us know what Corporate tells you.

to Anonymous #1519715

I got an email from them saying thank you for bringing this to their attention and they will direct this to the distric manager. I hope they provide better training for their employees now.

Ross Dress for Less Does Not monitor this board, and so Ross Dress for Less Will Not read your complaint.If you really want to be heard, send this complaint, in writing, to their Corporate Headquarters.That information is found on their website.

DisillusionedScallop805
to Anonymous #1518937

Thank you for this, I have already done this. I also spoke with the store manager.

to DisillusionedScallop805 #1519164

So what is the reason why you posted your complaint since you stated that you already contacted their Corporate Headquarters, and you also spoke to the store manager?

DisillusionedScallop805
to Anonymous #1519169

Awareness. I have not heard back from Corporate and I want my voice heard.